You will find below some of the maintenance tasks you can perform by yourself to make sure your HVAC system is operating efficiently. If your unit is well cared for, it will consume less energy and provide the optimum temperature you need for your home.
If you are unable to do the maintenance on your own, it is recommended to contact an HVAC repair company in Los Angeles.
Standard Maintenance Tasks
- Check the thermostat settings to ensure that cooling and heating is at its best.
- Regularly tighten all electrical connections to avoid any voltage-related issues (faulty electrical connections are unsafe and can completely destroy your HVAC equipment).
- Regularly lubricate all moving parts to avoid any friction among them.
- Regularly check the condensate drain in the HVAC equipment, pump or furnace.
If you are not experienced with doing these steps, you may call a specialist in HVAC in Los Angeles to handle the task for you.
There are a couple of maintenance tasks specifically related to the cooling aspect of your HVAC system that you can perform:
- Cleaning the evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. (Note that dirty coils affect the cooling ability of your system which means the system has to consume more energy to cool a room. This issue can hike your energy bills, and it forces the HVAC system to work harder, making it more prone to malfunction.)
- Checking your HVAC unit’s central air conditioner and its refrigerant level.
- Adjusting the level when (Note that if the levels are too high or too low, it will make the system less efficient, which in turn will consume more energy and increase your bills because the system has to consume more electricity to produce the required cooling.)
If you are not experienced in handling the technical aspects of these maintenance tasks, you can still perform the general cleaning regularly. After that, you can leave the rest to the professionals who can clean and maintain your system for you. You can find a reliable HVAC repair company in Los Angeles to regularly provide you with HVAC maintenance solutions at an affordable price.
Maintenance Checklist, energystar.gov
HVAC Operations and Maintenance, sustainabilityworkshop.autodesk.com