Indoor Air Quality Services in Gardena, Los Angeles, Torrance, CA and Surrounding Areas
Indoor air pollution is a significant concern among homeowners especially in the Southern California Area. At Vader Air Conditioning & Heating we’re committed to providing consumers of all types with the opportunity to enjoy the best possible air quality. Levels of indoor air pollutants may actually be as much as five times more than their outdoor counterparts. Most people spend up to 90-percent of their time indoors, making it even more important that indoor air pollution levels be kept as low as possible. Following are just a few of the many things that can cause indoor air pollution:
- Volatile Compounds: Toxic ingredients in a wide variety of household products contribute to indoor air pollution.
- Mold: Mold colonies that become established indoors can cause everything from mild allergic reactions to severe respiratory distress.
- Carbon monoxide: This is an odorless, colorless gas that results from the burning of fossil fuels.
Not all homes and offices have the same levels of indoor air pollution — even those that are right next door to one another.
Following are some of the contributing factors:
- Housekeeping practices: Allowing the significant buildup of dust mites and pet dander can make indoor air pollution levels rise. Using cleaning products made with harsh chemicals is another cause of poor indoor air.
- Personal habits: Smoking indoors is another serious cause of indoor air pollution. So is burning incense and lighting paraffin candles.
- Lack of ventilation: Newer homes and offices built to be as airtight as possible are more vulnerable to developing high levels or indoor air pollution than older structures that haven’t been updated to get rid of drafts.
- Faulty furnaces: Malfunctioning heating systems are a major cause of toxic levels of carbon monoxide in the air.
- Dirty ductwork and filters: This condition causes airborne particulates of all types to be circulated throughout the home environment.
- High humidity levels: Damp conditions are conducive to the development of mold.
Fortunately, options exist for those seeking ways to minimize indoor air pollution levels. A home air quality inspection is a good starting point to determine which of the following options are most appropriate for specific situations:
- Air filters: A skilled Vader Air technician can determine an HVAC maintenance schedule that includes proper air filter changes, which will greatly reduce indoor airborne particulate levels. As an added bonus, changing air filters on a regular basis keeps the unit running efficiently and results in lower utility costs. Well-maintained HVAC also last longer. Those with pets in the home or who live in humid climates may want to consider having HEPA filters installed.
- Air purifiers: A variety of indoor air purifiers exist that may be beneficial in reducing airborne particulates in some situations.
- Air duct cleaning: Professional air duct cleaning is another excellent strategy for keeping indoor air clean and safe. Vader Air can perform regular AC duct cleaning to rid your system of unhealthy contaminants. We have partnered with professionals who specialize in this type of service. As with maintaining a clean filter, clean and properly sealed ductwork also helps keep energy usage down.
- Air duct Sealing: Duct sealing is also recommended in order to keep outdoor particulates from accessing your home interior