Are you Eligible for a Tax Credit?
- The maximum tax credit is now $500, instead of $1500.
- The tax credit is now 10% of installed cost, instead of 30%.
- The new credit levels are:
- $50 for any advanced main air circulating fan (ECM motor)
- $150 for any qualified natural gas, propane or oil furnace or hot water boiler.
- $300 for any item of energy-efficient building property (i.e. central air/ heat pumps)
The efficiency requirements stay the same:
95% for furnaces and boilers (oil furnaces and boilers were raised from 90% to 95%)
- 16 SEER / 13 EER for split system AC
- 14 SEER / 12 EER for packaged air conditioner
- 15 SEER / 12.5 EER / 8.5 HSPF for split heat pumps
- 14 SEER / 12 EER / 8 HSPF for packaged heat pumps
- Lifetime limitation – individual taxpayer cannot exceed $500 in Total tax credits allowed under 25c since Dec 31, 2005.
(So if the taxpayer got a tax credit of $500 or more anytime since 2006, they can’t get another in 2011.)
ENERGY STAR® Natural Gas Tankless Water Heaters $200 Rebate
Southern California Gas Company offers a rebate up to $200 on ENERGY STAR-qualified tankless water heaters.
- $200 rebate for models with an Energy Factor of 0.90 or higher
- $150 rebate for models that meet a minimum Energy Factor of 0.82
- Must be replacing a conventional tank-type water heater